1. Thaw frozen biscuits in refrigerator until just thawed - about 6 hours. Take care to not let them get mushy. If they start to become gooey, separate and place on baking sheet and store in the refrigerator until ready to make. You can mix everything together before hand and store until ready to bake using this method as well.
2. Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook and stir the sausage until the sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink; drain.
4. Transfer cooled sausage to a bowl.
5. Add cheese to a separate bowl.
6. Lightly oil hands and flatten softened biscuits into a mini pizza shape.
7. Lightly press flattened biscuit into the cheese and then the sausage.
8. Reform back into a biscuit shape.
9. Place biscuits on a pizza stone or baking dish/pan. Make sure biscuits slightly touch each other to help with rising.
10. Bake for per instructions on biscuit package. NOTE: The directions are for frozen biscuits, so your time will be shorter.
11. Check bottom for browning and flip over once the bottoms become golden. Remove and serve when the flipped bottoms are golden brown.