1. Set up your grill for indirect heat and preheat to 225f as measured at the grate (250f dome temp on a Big Green Egg).
2. Tie your roast and season on all sides with a dry rub made of Lane’s Ancho Expresso and Brisket Rubs.
3. Place the roast on a roasting rack above a roasting pan filled with the stock, garlic, and rosemary.
4. Place the roasting rack/pan on the grill over the indirect (no coals or heat) area. Roast until the internal temp reaches 10 degrees less than your desired final temperature.
5. Rest the roast while you raise the grill temp to 500-550f and change to a direct heat set up.
6. Remove the garlic and rosemary from the au jus that has formed in the roasting pan and discard. Season au jus with salt and pepper as needed.
7. Sear the roast directly over the coals for 1-2 minute per side on all sides. Pull the roast when the internal temp reaches the desired doneness.
8. Allow roast to rest another 10-15 minutes after the sear on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
For your guests that want more than medium rare, a quick "bath" in beef broth in a heated skillet will quickly make the pink disappear and get the slice of roast to their liking.